Inserting a Traverse File into a Survey
Updated October 17, 2017
This article applies to:
- Terrain 3D
- Terrain Forestry
- RoadEng Civil
- RoadEng Forestry
This example demonstrates how to extract a section of a traverse from one document and insert it into another.
In the figure below, the entire traverse amendment is inserted into a section of main from stations 430.9 to 720.1
Figure 1: Original Traverse and Amendment.
- File | New. Select Traverse Document. Press OK. When prompted for Starting Coordinate, press OK to take the default.
- Place the cursor at station 0.0 of the new traverse. Choose Traverse | Insert File Button, select and open <SurveyMap>\Adjust\main.tr1.
The Insert File dialogue box shown below will appear.
Figure 2: File Insert Dialogue Box
- Configure the dialogue box so that we are only inserting up to station 430.9, as shown above. Ensure Clear Absolute Coordinates is not checked. Press OK. A prompt appears “Insert file at Station 0.0?’; press OK to confirm
All Stations from 0 to 430.9 appear in the new traverse. A “+” sign appears in the Station column signifying the stations which were added.
The next step is to insert the entire traverse called amendment. Notice in Figure 1, that amendment is running in the opposite direction to main and must be inserted in the reverse direction.
- Place the cursor at Station 430.9 in the Station column of the untitled traverse.
- Traverse| Insert File button, select <SurveyMap>\Adjust\amendment.tr1. Press Open.
- In the Insert File dialogue box, Entire File and Reverse Insertion Survey Direction should be selected. Press OK.
- Again, press OK to confirm.
Stations 0 to 307.7 appear above station 430.9 as Stations 436.2 to 738.5.
- Place the cursor Station 738.5 in the Station column.
- Select Traverse| Insert File button, choose <SurveyMap>\Adjust\main.tr1. Press Open.
- Configure the dialogue box so that it appears as shown in the figure below. Be sure that Clear Absolute Coordinates is not checked. Press OK.
Figure 3: File Insert Dialogue Box
- A Softree Prompt appears “Insert file at Station 738.5?” Press OK to confirm
- File | Save. Type new main2.tr1 Press Save
- Select Traverse | Quick Map button. The map displays creeks. To turn off the Creek display, right click. Select Map Options. Disable Creek. Press OK to return to map view.
- To verify the changes made select Map | Add/Remove Traverses. Highlight main.tr1 on the left. Press the Add Traverse button. main.tr1 now appears on the right. Press OK.
- Close the Untitled Map 1 and main2.tr1 window. Do not save changes.